- Bayern Munich is gearing up for a fresh move to acquire Joao Palhinha from Fulham in January.
2. England’s head coach, Steve Borthwick, is poised to surprise with the selection of scrum-half Alex Mitchell for the pivotal pool match against Argentina.
3. John Terry is on the brink of making his managerial debut by joining Saudi side Al-Shabab FC.
4. Phil Jones has been seen at Manchester United’s Carrington training base in recent weeks, observing academy sessions as he contemplates a potential move into coaching.
5. The pre-Ryder Cup All-Star Match will feature notable names like Gareth Bale, Novak Djokovic, Carlos Sainz, and Andriy Shevchenko, captained by Colin Montgomerie and Corey Pavin.
6. If Palhinha departs for the Bundesliga, Fulham is expected to prioritize a January deal for Manchester United’s Scott McTominay.
7. Rajasthan Royals have made an audacious bid to take over Yorkshire, potentially making it the first county club owned by an overseas franchise.
8. Former Real Madrid and Chelsea star Eden Hazard has hinted at nearing retirement in a new documentary series on the Belgian national team.
9. Bayern Munich executives are reportedly frustrated with Thomas Tuchel’s ‘erratic’ behavior during the summer transfer window.
10. Italy midfielder Marco Verratti is set for a move to Qatar’s Al Arabi after being left out of Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League squad.
11. Dan Cole is poised to make an unexpected comeback as a prop for England’s Rugby World Cup opener against Argentina.
12. Naomi Osaka has confirmed her return to the WTA Tour early next year after giving birth to daughter Shai in July, with plans to participate in the Australian Open.
13. Eric Dier has engaged in discussions with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy after being sidelined by new head coach Ange Postecoglou.
14. Rory McIlroy has assured Europe captain Luke Donald that he will conduct himself appropriately during a stag do on the Greek island of Mykonos, a week before the Ryder Cup.
15. Mark Wood may opt to forgo a central contract to explore Twenty20 franchise opportunities as one of England’s fastest-ever bowlers seeks to capitalize on the latter stages of his career.
16. Chelsea executives have met with representatives from Saudi state airline Riyadh Air to discuss a potential front-of-shirt sponsorship deal as part of ongoing talks to expand their commercial revenue.
17. UEFA and the European Club Association (ECA) have confirmed a new revenue distribution model that increases solidarity payments to teams not participating in UEFA’s club competitions.
18. European clubs are seeking assurances that the substantial transfer fees agreed with Saudi Arabian clubs will be paid in full, following a summer of unprecedented spending that has reshaped the transfer market.
19. Hugo Lloris is facing a playing hiatus until January, signaling an abrupt end to his illustrious 11-year career at Tottenham.
20. Retired former Manchester City playmaker David Silva has transitioned into a new career as a winemaker, bringing the same magic and style to his winery in his native Gran Canaria.
21. Kepa Arrizabalaga chose to proceed with a transfer to Real Madrid, despite Mauricio Pochettino privately expressing his desire for the Spaniard to remain as Chelsea’s No. 1 goalkeeper.
22. Reports from France suggest that Graham Potter is among the names on Lyon’s shortlist to potentially replace Laurent Blanc if they decide to make a managerial change.
23. The head of the foundation overseeing the distribution of over £2 billion generated from the sale of Chelsea is hopeful that talks with the government will clear the way for the funds to be used to aid victims of the war in Ukraine.
24. The Premier League has introduced new rules to expedite financial disciplinary cases, addressing concerns raised by clubs after a charge against Everton was delayed until next month.
25. Jadon Sancho is said to have received an ‘official offer’ from a Saudi Arabian side, potentially providing him an exit from Manchester United.
26. Antoine Griezmann may reunite with Lionel Messi in the United States, as he has received numerous offers to play in MLS. Atletico Madrid is reportedly willing to let the forward depart at the end of the season, and he has already received offers from teams.
27. Neil Lennon is not believed to have progressed to the final stage for the Hibs job, as the Easter Road club seems to prefer other options, with Nick Montgomery still the leading candidate.
28. Celtic stands out as one of only three British teams to have achieved a net profit on transfers since 2014. A significant portion of their £33 million total over the past 10 seasons came in a financially prosperous 2023 for the Scottish Premiership champions.
29. According to reports from Croatia, Borna Barisic is being pursued by Dinamo Zagreb. The 30-year-old is now in the last year of his Rangers contract, which expires at the end of the current season.